for W3c validation
What kind of life do you want to lead? And where do you want to live it?
The life I’ve chosen over the past few years is a nomadic one — meaning constantly on the move to new places and experiencing new cultures and people. But, though I wouldn’t trade it for the world, such a life is not always as rosy as people think.
Here are some of the sacrifices you’ll need to make:
- You’ll have no “home” for months at a time
- You’ll go months and months without seeing your best friends in person
- Comfortable couches, and beds, are few and far between
- No peanut butter for hundreds or thousands of miles
- Watching anything other than futbol (soccer) is amazingly hard
- You’ll experience a slew of dropped Google Voice and Skype calls due to weak internet connections
- Constantly fighting time zone differences trying to communicate with family and friends
- No money to spend on DVD’s, fancy clothes, or other materialistic crap (that you don’t need). Not really sure this one is a sacrifice — at least to me, it’s not
- Depending on your location, going days without seeing another Caucasian
- A comfortable overnight bus ride? You’re dreaming.
Still want to live the nomadic lifestyle? If yes – do it. You just need to set your mind to it, make the sacrifices to save money, pack your backpack, and get on the plane.
I’ll leave you with this: