for W3c validation
Today is a happy day — as I found out that Zillow.com, my former employer of almost 5 years prior to my departure in January of 2010, is going to be a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol Z starting tomorrow. Like all shareholders of the company, I’ve been waiting for this day since they filed their S1 in April. I’ll post some additional thoughts on the IPO sometime tomorrow — either here or elsewhere on the web in a guest post.
Here’s the Zillow Blog post from CEO Spencer Rascoff.
[Update 7/20: I posted some predictions as to where the fresh capital will be spent over at AgentGenius]
For old times sake (see this, this, this, this, and this), I thought I’d keep a running list of the coverage of the Zillow IPO set to happen tomorrow, July 20 (opening at $20 per share), over the course of the next day — maybe weeks if the stock prices rises to crazy highs :).
Here’s the running coverage, starting with a few of today’s stories:
- TechCrunch – Zillow Prices IPO At $20 Per Share, Now Valued At Nearly $540 Million
- Business Insider – Zillow Prices IPO at $20 Per Share
- Associated Press – Zillow sets IPO at $20 per share in Weds.
- Techflash – Zillow ups IPO pricing to $20 a share; now valued at $539 million
- GigaOm – Zillow to IPO Wednesday at $20 per share
- GeekWire – Zillow prices IPO at $20 per share, signaling strong demand for the online real estate company
- Agent Genius – Breaking: Zillow begins trading publicly tomorrow at $20 per share
- SeekingAlpha – As Zillow IPOs, Remember: Bubble 2.0 Is for Active Traders Only
- The Street – Market Preview: Zillow Primed for Pricey Debut
- 247WallSt – At $20 Pricing, Zillow IPO Creates Another Valuation Hat Trick
- InmanNext – Taking Advantage Of Zillow On IPO Day
- Bloomberg – Zillow Triples to $60 in Stock Market Debut
- CNBC – Zillow IPO Doubles, SkullCandy Leaps, in Debut
- CNNMoney – Zillow shares pop 120% in IPO
- Zillow IPO bodes well for real estate
- Zillow IPO gets warm welcome — but will it last?
- GeekWire – Zillow IPO sparks bubble worries, but here’s what the pundits are missing
Zillow CEO Spencer Rascoff on Bloomberg: