for W3c validation
I have to admit, I like Bank of America for the most part. But there’s one thing I absolutely hate. SPAM mail — notably, the checks they send me every month urging me to write checks against my credit card. The letter I get along with the checks says:
Think of the things you could use your checks for…
- give your yard or house a fresh new makeover
- have that deck built that you’ve been dreaming of
- deposit funds into your bank account to use any way you wish
None of these things should be paid for with a credit card. No wonder this country has such a problem with consumer debt — and banks and credit card companies are making the problem worse by making credit so easy to get/use.
Here’s what I want from BofA:
- Send me ONE set of checks that I can use whenever I want. I will file them away. If I have an emergency, and need to write a $10,000 check — I’ll have them.
- Otherwise, stop sending me the damn checks EVERY month (you know, they are just ending up in the paper shredder)