for W3c validation
What’s new? Well, we are becoming a community — pretty exciting for a web 2.0 junky such as myself (my new title is now Community Relations Specialist)! The primary features Zillow is adding are:
- Zillow Home Q&A – Home Q&A gives anyone the ability “ask a question” or “answer a question” about any home listed on Zillow.
- Free Profile Pages – Agents, homeowners and buyers can create free profile pages with photos, narratives and contact information.
- Tell the Community It’s For Sale – Anyone can now indicate whether a home is for sale and at what price.
- Unlimited Photo Posting – Anyone can now add photos to any home’s Web page.
- Zillow EZ Ads – EZ Ads are a self-service, low-cost and geographically-targeted way for agents, other professionals and home sellers to buy ads on Zillow map pages for specific ZIP code searches.
I certainly had a lot of fun covering Zillow’s last release in December – with my day 1, day 2, and the last of my coverage. I think it’s important to demonstrate that Zillow’s staff is reading everything that is written about us — we are interested in hearing what the industry & our users have to say. What better way than to link to every article that talks about the new features that we just launched tonight? This post will be a work in progress throughout the night as I find new posts mentioning our new features. I won’t provide commentary – but I will (attempt to) serve as your blog search engine if you are looking to see the latest posts about Zillow.
- 9:00 – Greg Swann writes “Planet Zillow.com: Burgeoning Realty.bot grows, potentially, to become a self-sustaining residential real estate eco-system” (also a podcast with David Gibbons)
- Nick Gonzalez posts “Zillow Relaunch – Adds Its Own Q&A Service“
- 9:09 – Brian Brady writes “Active Rain to get competition?” and “Zillow to offer Social Networking Capabilities“
- 9:30 – Zillow continues build-out of real estate community“
- Kate Kaye from ClickZ writes “Zillow Offers Self-Serve Ads to Home Sellers and Local Services“
- 9:50 – Jay Thompson posts “Zomething is Zup at Zillow“
- The WSJ writes “The Boss’s Product Test” (paid subscription)
- 10:13 – Greg Swann is at it again, posting “A screen-shot tour of Zillow.com’s new feature set“
- 10:43 – Joel Burslem posts “Zillow Asks What’s For Sale in your Hood?” at Future of Real Estate Marketing
- 10:53 – Robbie Paplin posts “Things that make you go hmmm…..” at RCG
- 11:05 – Brian Brady has several more posts that I missed — “A Realtor’s Guide to “Farming” Zillow.com,” “How Mortgage Originators Might Use Zillow.com,” and “Zillow.com New Features: “Ask Questions, Share Answers”“
- 11:26 – Ardell at RCG posts “Zillow Announces – Home Q & A“
- 11:37 – Reuters writes “What’s that house’s story? Zillow users can ask“
- 11:47 – Jonathan Dalton posts “Zillow’s Next Step“
- 12:39 – Brad Inman writes “Walk the talk in Zillow Land” on Inman Blog
Update: It’s approaching 1 am (12:57 on my clock) and I’m going to call it a night. Please leave a comment if you have any questions and I’ll get back to you tomorrow.
It’s 7:55 am and I’m back at it — I’ll be adding links throughout the day as I find time.
- Marlow Harris posts “Zillow adds new goodies“
- Greg Sterling writes “Zillow Moves Deeper into Community Territory” at Screenwerk and “Zillow Adds New Community Features” on Search Engine Land
- Jeremy Hart posts “And Speaking of Zillow …“
- The Seattle PI has a piece titled “Let’s talk houses, Zillow says“
- Miriam Bernstein posts “Zillow and Ask A Question! Oy Vey” at Westchester New York Real Estate Blog
- theRatandMouse posts “Zillow Q&A – an innovation“
- Matt Marshall at Venture Beat writes “Zillow opens up Q&A on every home“
- MediaPostPublications has an article titled “Zillow Adds Localized Make-Your-Own Ad Capability“
- Fortune has an article on CNN Money – “Zillow zeroes in on wisdom of the neighborhood“
- Stephen Jaggar writes “Get Naked and Rule the World“
- Brier Dudley writes “Zillow gets interactive” on his Seattle PI blog
- Greg Swann posts “Random observations on the new Zillow.com feature set“
- Jonathan Washburn posts “Zillow launches “Advertise another agent’s listing” feature“
- Jonathan Dalton writes “Zillow’s Sale Postings – Another Legal Point“
- A post titled “Zillow Gets Interactive, Adds Q&A and Self Serving Ads” on Startup Meme
- Sellsius posts “Is Zillow Using Our Homes As Bait?“
- Jim Duncan writes “Zilllow steps it up again“
- FBS Blog posts “The Dog Woke Me Up“
- Greg Swann – “Zillow 5 is here, and, whether or not you seize upon its opportunities, it isn’t going away” and “Zynergy: They searched for a house, but they found you“
- Kevin Boer posts “Zillow’s New Features: Friend or Foe? Media Company, or Redfin Redux?“
- Motley Fool has an article titled “As the Zillow Turns“
- Jonathan Dalton writes “I’m Either Brilliant or a Fool“
- Fred Tung posts “Is that a Zillow on My Pillow?“
- John Cook writes “Zillow tries social networking with Home Q&A“
- Sellsius posts “The Human Listing Site: Zillowfying Your Privacy Under the Guise of Transparency“
- Brian Brady writes “Do You Zlog? Making the Zillow Real Estate Guide Work For You“
- Jonathan Dalton posts “Zillow’s Next Step – Marking Territory Within the Rules” and “Zillow’s Next Step – Conclusions“
- Jonathan at Real Opinionated writes “A Small Confession“