So…this is exciting stuff to say the least–Zillow is launching a new version of our website tonight (in process)! Personally, I think this is the most exciting thing we’ve done since we launched in February. So-what’s included in our new feature set??
- Agents and owners can post homes for sale–for FREE.
- Added a real estate wiki that is seeded with over 100 articles–and opening it up to the community for improvement & expansion
- Make Me Move–now ANYONE can set a “dream” price for their home
If this sounds intriguing (which hopefully you do), you can read more over at the Zillow Blog (I’ll link when posted).
Zillow’s own David Gibbons (Director of Customer Service) writes his introductory post, “Zillow wants Your Listins,” as a member of the Active Rain community (with 10,000+ members, should I jump on the bandwagon too?).
Keeping Track–I’ll keep a tab of the blog posts & stories that I find tonight. Here’s the run-down (in order):
- Kevin Boer took some guesses as to the product features we were adding tonight when he found our “Holiday Suprise” page (shown below).
- TechCrunch was the 1st blog to post to announce the new features (hit 9:00 on the dot)
- Greg Swann at the Bloodhound Realty Blog
- Inman News – Article 1, Article 2, Article 3
- Ardell at Rain City Guide
- GigaOM says “Zillow Shows More of Its Cards”
- LA Times with an article titled “It’s a Seller’s Market for Real Estate Web Site Zillow.com“
- RCG’s Ardell on her own blog
- MSNBC’s “Expedia founder in web property move“
- John Cook’s “Homes for sale now listed on Zillow.com“
- Hotpads’ “Zillow Launches for-sale listings“
- Future of Real Estate Technology’s “Zillow to offer free listings“
- SocketSite’s “Zillow Adds Listings (Zlistings?)“
- Transparent RE posts “Everything you need to know about Zillow in 15 minutes“
- Russell Shaw at BloodHound wonders “Is BloodHound the Most Wired Blog in Real Estate?“
- Michael Parekh on IT writes “On Zillow’s New ‘Make Me Move” Feature’“
- Sellsius posts “Yes, I am a National Listing Site“
- Kevin Boer (2nd post) posts “Wow! You Leave for an Hour, and Zillow Changes the World” (I don’t know if this is EARTH changing–but we’ll take the compliment)
- Ryan Stewart says “Sell Your House with Flash“
- Galen at RCG writes “Zillow’s new way to spite your neighbor“
- Marlow Harris at 360 Digest posts “Zillow adds ‘For Sale’ postings and other goodies“
- Bloglines sucks. At 9:54, not a single post has shown up yet. STILL nothing at 10:55
- IceRocket sucks. Same result as above…zero entries
Update: Ok everyone…it’s almost 2 am PST and I’m off to bed. I’ll continue to monitor the chatter tomorrow as much as I can. However, the day after a release is always busy. Please leave a comment if you have a question you’d like to get answered and I’ll get to it as quick as I can.