for W3c validation
These tips are thanks to Robert & Maryam Scoble during their presentation at Blog Business Summit in Seattle. So you now have no excuses to not creating a compelling and interesting blog.
- Blog cause you want to
- Read other blogs – everyone has a different style to blogging.Pick up a style by reading other blogs and finding out what you relate to and enjoy reading.
- Pick a niche you can own (and be different)
- Link to other blogs
- Admit your mistakes
- Write good headlines (this is absolutely crucial in my mind)
- Have a voice – “blogging requires passion and authority. Which leaves out most people”
- Get outside the blogosphere
- Market yourself
- Write well – be creative and different
- Expose yourself
- Help other people blog – share what you’ve learned
- Engage with commenters – don’t be skiddish
- Keep your integrity – “you are what you appear to be”