for W3c validation
This panel discussed the topic of blogger engagement. So everyone seems to be wondering- how do you engage bloggers? Below are some of the points that I thought were important-
What Not to Do?
- Send an e-mail to a blogger without a link that you want them to talk about
- Be shy
What do Do (Your Homework)?
- Use an Aggregator
- Track at least 10-20 blogs. READ THEM!!
- Be authentic & transparent
- Search for information in blog search engines
- Focus on customers for your blog posts
- Build relationships (and let me stress personal relationships) with the influencers in your industry
- Engage others in comments- that’s where the conversation is
- Engage with the young crowd- they will be the future of this country
Other points that I found interesting-
- Do 23% of bloggers not even know what an RSS feed? That seems stunning to me.
- Bloggers are your collective agents. If you can connect effectively, it’s a gold mine. How can you turn away free market intelligence?? Throw an idea out there.
- I agree with this point Buzz made- the more you write, the better you write.
- The desire to create- people want to create. If you are passionate about something, you can get out there (become known in the blogosphere).
- The conversation is happening anyway in the blogosphere- get out there and engage in it. I think many companies are still fearful of negative conversations occuring.
- Have a nice blend of humanity in your blog posts.